DCT can sponsor your student visa once your application has been accepted and you have paid the fees to
confirm your place on your chosen course.
Here is your step-by-step guide to the visa process:
Send the following documents to our Admissions Department:
- Colour Passport Copy (with minimum 6 months validity)
- Colour Passport Photo
- Copy of Signed Offer Letter from DCT
- Birth Certificate attested by Foreign Affairs in country of birth
- Payment of visa, security deposit and health insurance
DCT will submit your application to the Immigration Authorities.
- A medical test maybe required from your home country (for all students above 18 years)
Once your visa is approved, you will be informed and you can enter Dubai. On arrival, present your passport to DCT Admissions.
The entire process takes between 15-20 days.
- Start the Emirates ID application process, which requires a fingerprint scan at the Emirates ID office and photos.
- Passport will be returned with student visa.
- Emirates ID will be processed and received.
Please note the following:
For students currently on a parent's visa:
Parents should apply to the Immigration Authorities with the following documents:
- Letter from DCT including student's details and their chosen course of study.
- All documents required for visa renewal.
**For those with GCC passports, a visa is not required. However a letter from DCT is still required to
process Emirates ID.
International students require a student visa to study and reside in the UAE.
***All students in the UAE on a tourist or service visa already, must exit the country in order to validate the student visa once it is issued.
Visa Fee: AED 1020
Visa Security Deposit: AED 1020 (refundable after studies)
Insurance Fee: AED 420
Emirates ID: AED 170
Cancellation and Renewal of Visa
Students who terminate their studies before visa expiry will have their visa cancelled immediately. Thereafter, student must make other arrangements in order to remain in the country. Visa cancellation charges apply.
This information is subject to change and updates as per the Department of Naturalisation and Residency Dubai (DNRD).